Marine fire pump is a member of the huge water pump family. It is installed on unpowered fire pumps, fixed fire extinguishing systems or other fire fighting facilities in marine working environments such as ships and offshore working platforms. It is used as a special purpose for transporting liquid fire extinguishing agents such as water or foam solution. Pump. Known for being fully sealed, leak-free, and corrosion-resistant, it is an ideal pump for environmental protection, water treatment, and fire protection departments.
Although marine fire pumps are also a member of the water pump family, they are different from general life pumps: the most important thing is that fire pumps require higher requirements than ordinary water pumps. Generally speaking, fire pumps are used in fire fighting systems, and fire pumps undertake the important mission of protecting people's lives and property. Therefore, the technical requirements for fire pumps are very high. Fire pumps are different from ordinary water pumps, mainly in the following aspects:
1. The fire flow rate is relatively regular, and the fire hydrant water supply system increases in steps of 5L/s. The automatic sprinkler system increases the flow value corresponding to the light danger level, the medium danger level, and the severe danger level.
2. The fire pump is used to ensure the water volume and pressure of the fire fighting water. It involves personal safety and property protection, and must operate more reliably. The pump body structure is required to be more reasonable, the material is more appropriate, and the reliability is higher.
3. The water supply of fire pumps generally adopts the method of directly supplying water to fire extinguishing facilities (fire hydrants, sprinklers) from water pumps. In the initial fire extinguishing or self-checking operation, the small flow water is supplied, and in the fire development stage, water is supplied according to the design flow. When the pump flow ~ head curve is steep, it is easy to produce overpressure when running at a small flow rate, and corresponding technical measures should be taken for this.
4. The high temperature resistance of fire pumps is higher than that of ordinary water pumps. The fire pump works in a special environment. In the event of a fire hazard, the temperature of the fire pump is often relatively high. If it cannot withstand the test of high temperature, the fire pump will lose its function.
5. The corrosion resistance of fire pumps is higher than that of ordinary water pumps. The fire pump is an emergency pump, it is rarely used in normal times, and it is only used in emergency situations. Therefore, the corrosion resistance of fire pumps is higher than that of ordinary water pumps, can withstand long periods of non-use, and can work normally when used.